Monday, October 11, 2010

This class has been tough!

This is a very tough semester for Seasoned_Sally! This class in particular is quite demanding and the assignments difficult (for me anyway).  Online learning is more difficult than I thought!  Since I don't have to attend in-house classes and see the professor everyday to ask questions and get clarification.  I forget as a online student it's imperative to remind yourself to log on everyday to obtain readings and finish weekly assignments. However, since this is my first online class I haven't yet mastered the delicate balance of my online work and on-campus school work. The week seems to go by so fast and before I know it its Friday and I've only logged into my online account once.  I don't want to continuously struggle because there is a lot of information given in this class to read and retain and I'm not sure if I'm learning those things correctly. The only way to improve as I see it is to log-in and work with the materials daily.

The Thing that I've found surprisingly easy is the Google Docs. Initially I was intimidated  but it's really easy to use and navigate.  Its such a great feature and something I would not have been exposed to if not for this class.  As we approach the team phase the Google Docs is going to come in very handy.  I continue to struggle with the Healey Library, I just don't find it user friendly and Season_Sally starts to get really frustrating trying to navigate this site. I get it, knowing how to use the library to its full potential will help me be a more successful student but right now Healey is the "Bain of My Existence".  Still learning the APA Style for online and text sources and I believe I cited properly for my online source during the scavenger hunt.

The semester is still young and Season Sally is committed to making the most from this class and walk away wiser in the ways of internet communication.

So Season_Sally_Says stay tuned! (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment